Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I think I'm getting the hang of this...

So, I think I might actually be getting the hang of this blog thing. The other day I was sitting at work thinking, "Man, I need to write on my blog tonight, I can't wait to get off work!" How silly is that? Wow.

Quick Update: New Year's Resolutions are going great. I haven't dropped any others and I've been pretty consistent with the ones I've set. It's going fantastic!

So this month, I thought I would write about something I've been considering and I'm hoping that if I get it all out of my head, I might be able to make some sense of things...

I'm thinking of going back to school. I already have a Bachelor's degree from BYU-Idaho, but I have been thinking of going to ISU for a degree in Elementary Education with an Emphasis in English. The more I think about it and pray about it, the more sense it makes. Sure, there are plenty of reasons not to go back, but I think going actually solves more problems than it creates.

I would be able to complete about 97% of it in Idaho Falls, so I wouldn't have to move to Pocatello. I would be able to defer my student loans a little longer and actually have a job afterwards that would enable me to pay them back. I would go full time, so I would have insurance again (Yay! Being sick so much without insurance sucks!). I would have a degree that actually certifies me to DO something instead of just a generalized degree like I have now. I could teach ANYWHERE. I would have great training in the event I ever get married again and want to home school my kids (since I've always wanted to home school them anyway). It would provide an excellent atmosphere for meeting new people. And it would give me some direction in life. I've been feeling like I'm in a rut lately. Like I'm in a transition phase and can't seem to move to the next stage.

However, because I have completed one degree already, I would have to take out student loans instead of being able to apply for grants. I wouldn't be able to work an entire 40 hours a week (I don't think, but I don't know this one for sure) either, so I would have to take a little extra out to cover the extra expenses. And I would lose a lot of extra time that I have now, which is so little that I barely can call it "extra". But, I can pretty much find ways to handle all of these things.

So, in looking at this, really the direction seems clear. I've gone to the temple about it, I've prayed, I've had a blessing.... and really, they all point to the answer I've already come up with. I think I'm headed back to school this fall!!! Wow, I'm super excited! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I am rooting for you. You will make a great teacher, since you are so good with kids. Tyler did full time school at night and then full time job during the day. I don't know how he did it, but somehow, it all worked out and we still had a little extra time together. So I think you will be fine. My dad went to ISU for pharmacy school. He really licked it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't blogging fun! I'm glad you have joined the blogging world. Also going back to school is a great idea! I hope you decide on some thing that will make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a personal BLOG! Coolness! I think you should move BACK here and get your degree! You are wonderful with children so teaching sounds like a perfect fit!!!

    ReplyDelete