Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wreckin' and Ridin': My Weekend in West Yellowstone


Wes and I cooking dinner at Eino's. FUN!
Ask Wes to smile... this is what you get. Oy!
Getting ready to go out on the sled.

When I said that I was going to do something new and different every month, I had something different in mind than what I ended up getting. I ought to be a little more specific in my goals and expectations for this year, eh?

For the month of January, I had the opportunity to go up to West Yellowstone and go snowmobiling. On my way up, I was excited and feeling really upbeat. The roads can be pretty scary, but the sun was shining and I was feeling good. I wasn't going fast, just going with traffic, which happened to be about 40-45 mph.

The car in front of me hit their brakes, which led to me tapping on mine and suddenly, I found myself sliding into oncoming traffic. I corrected, but overdid it and slid the other way. I tried to correct again and ended up spinning a 180 and was facing the car that was originally following me. I slammed into the snow drift on the side of the road and my Expedition tipped over.

I was wearing my seat belt and was very lucky. Very minor damage to my vehicle and only minor bruising to myself. I finally arrived in West Yellowstone about an hour after I had originally intended, my vehicle had been impounded by the wreckers and I was pretty shaken up. But I was fine.

I don't have a photo of this "new and different" experience because I was a little too worried about my vehicle. But, having never been in an accident before, it was an eye opening experience.

The next day, I had the opportunity to do the "new and different" activity that I had planned to do: Snow machining!

My friend, Wes, is a snow machine guru and took me out on the sleds. What an adrenaline rush! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again!! It's definitely something that I want to get better at and continue doing. It's an expensive hobby, or seems to be, but it's one that I could definitely get into. Loved it! I'm hoping to get to do it again in a couple weeks. Eventually, I would really like to get to the point that I can ride one on my own. Wes drove the one we rode and that was fine since I had no clue what I was doing.

We went out to a steakhouse about 8 miles from the sled shop. It's called Eino's and it was pretty good food. When you order, they slap your steaks, raw, on a plate and let you go back to a grill and cook them yourself. It was awesome and so much fun!

All in all, minus the wreck at the beginning, it was a fun weekend and I can't wait to do it again!

January's "New and Different"= Huge Success!!

1 comment:

  1. Scary! Glad you are ok! Sledding sounds fun though! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete