Me strapped into my snow shoes and ready to go! I was so cold and I wanted to get moving!!
So, for the month of February, I decided that I needed to continue with the idea of doing something outdoors. See, when I was younger, I never wanted to do anything outside when it was cold. I always thought, "there's just nothing fun to do out there and you just get cold!" Boy, was I wrong!
Maren, Andrew, their kiddos and I went up to Kelly Canyon and went snow shoeing! It was more difficult than I thought it would be, but mostly because I didn't realize how much it would work my hips and leg muscles! I think part of that was because the trail we decided to go on was uphill and we never did make it to the top. It just kept going!
But, it was so much fun! I think I would definitely do it again many times, although, I don't think I'm quite ready to go out and purchase a pair of shoes of my own yet. This was a slow paced activity and it wasn't as instantly addicting as the snow machining was. So maybe I will admit I'm a little addicted to speed and the adrenaline rush... so?! :)
It was fun to be with my best friend and her wonderful family. It gave us time to talk, to laugh and to enjoy one another's company. The best part was watching Nate tromp around in his snow shoes that were shaped like bear claws and hearing Em yell "Yay!" as we headed back down the trail in her special sled. At one point, we had to hold onto her pull rope from behind and it looked like Maren was "walking her" like she would have walked a dog! Hilarious!
Anyway, the activity was a success and I really enjoyed myself. The drive up and back was a little scary. I'm still not quite calm when driving on icy, snowy roads, but the SUV had really great tires. Plus, we (meaning the kids and I) got to watch Mulan on the way there and back! Bonus! And we decided to head up to Swan Valley afterwards to get a square ice cream cone! Double bonus!
I'm definitely learning that you can be outside in the winter and have a fun time. There seem to be just as many activities to do outdoors in the winter in Idaho as there are in the summer. It reminds me just how glad I am to be home here in SE Idaho.
Next month.... I'm thinking a trip through the Salt Lake City Temple and a Real Salt Lake Game. They are playing the LA Galaxy team. So, guess what that means... Beckham!!! Yeah buddy!


I am glad to see that you had such a good time
ReplyDelete