Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Things That Keep Me Preoccupied...

I'm not blogging as often as I would like to these days. However, I really do have a good excuse. Also, I'm going to admit it straight out that I will most likely NOT have a new and different activity to share this month. I'd rather not lie to myself anymore. Do you realize that it's almost the middle of December already? Every time I start to contemplate on what I should do for my N&D for this month, my mind quickly fills with all of the other things I am quickly running out of time to do. For example, Christmas presents.

This month, in my frantic attempt at making the majority of Christmas gifts, I am exceptionally preoccupied with crafting. And while some of the gifts are turning out beautifully, I must admit that some are more of a pain than they are worth. Oh, and here's an aside for you, if I NEVER use Mod Podge again for the REST of my life, it will be lifetimes too soon! Grr!

So, in honor of not having a blog post for my N&D (and as a good argument for why I don't have time this month for attempting a N&D), here is a list of things keeping me preoccupied this month:

~Painting Christmas Houses
~Cutting Simon Dewey pictures and Mod Podging them onto 4x4 wood blocks to create a puzzle looking thing
~Hand crafting (and sewing) a church tote bag
~Christmas gift shopping
~Serving Jury Duty
~Attending Maren and Nater's Christmas Choir Concert
~Participating in a Service Auction for church (and then using the accumulated money to purchase and distribute Christmas gifts to needy children and families in the community)
~Jarrica's Birthday
~Dinner at the Branch President's House
~Several nights spent at Buffalo Wild Wings with friends
~Branch Temple Night
~Family Home Evenings
~Robyn's viewing
~Bryan's Funeral
~Going to lunch and catching up with an old roommate from college who I haven't seen since 2007! (yay Bri!!)
~Toddy's Man vs. Wild Party
~Giving a talk in church. Topic: Wise Men Seek Him Still (Oh help! I'm apologizing to everyone I know beforehand. That way I'm covered!)
~Working for Des
~Working for Mom
~Working regular job
~Des' birthday
~Nater's Birthday
~My birthday :)
~Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the 3 houses I have to be present at (no pun intended! Haha)
~Emmie's Birthday
~Tran Siberian Orchestra Concert with Sister and Mr. Dustin
~Trip to Utah for the aforementioned concert and spending time with David, Veancha and the kiddos
~New Year's Eve party
~Psych nights at Brad's
~Smoothie Sunday at Jess'

~And many other activities which have yet to be entered onto the schedule.

The month of December is always a marathon, not a sprint for me. The only thing I can do is keep myself hydrated, try to get sleep and stave off any illnesses that try to creep up because I'm running too much. It's the craziest month of the year and I try so hard to make sure I'm remembering the reason for the Season.

Also, here are pictures of one other thing that has kept me preoccupied, although it's been ongoing for months, but I've just finished it...

The wall before

The wall during

The wall finished

Full wall mural of Mt. Moran and Jackson Lake in Des' home office
So, my opening argument was also my closing. However, I think anyone could see that I shouldn't be held in contempt for not having a N&D for this month. I've barely got time to breathe and am scheduling time to eat and sleep.

Yikes.

I've spent far too long on this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment