Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dad & Des

This post is harder to write for me. It's always hard to write about your parents, isn't it? Mostly because there are so many things to say and so many ways that things could be interpreted. So, while you wish you could say all the things your brain is formulating, you also know that you don't want it to come out as word vomit and therefore have it be taken wrong. Let's see here.

My dad was born on Oct. 17th in Preston, ID and lived on a mink ranch for most of his childhood. Weird, right? Ah, well, there are some pretty awesomely soft coats from Grandma's closet that got passed down after she died that make the weirdness better when you wrap up in them and feel like you're in a cloud. He graduated from Preston High School and quite literally had a hair style similar to Napoleon Dynamite. Only, I honestly think that even Napoleon would be jealous. He rocked it that hard. :)

He was 26 when I was born and he and I were extremely close all the way through my childhood. If he had told me the sky was green, I would have punched any kid on the playground trying to tell me otherwise. He was always taking our family away on the weekend to go fishing, hunts, camping, etc. Most of my childhood memories with him are of the two of us shooting bow and arrow, camping, fishing, or just wrestling around the living room floor. It was a great time.

And now, my dad is married to my step mom, Desiree "Des". They got married when I was 18. She is one of the greatest cooks I know, has a great sense of humor and is probably the one woman in this world who knows how to love my dad the way he needs.

I get to work for her once a week and it has been so nice to be able to spend time at their house. She's teaching me simple (even though I think it's hard and she's a genius!) cooking tips and has been so great helping me out with things.

I know that my life has been so blessed because I've had them in it. I'm a lucky girl to have so many mothers and to have a relationship with my father when I know people who don't.

Don't judge, it was bright out there!

I'm pretty sure I was sassing him. I'm such an angel that way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment