Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Halfway Through the Year....

June is halfway over and so is 2010. Can you believe it? Where has this year gone?! I can't believe that we are halfway to 2011. And thinking back, has it been the awesome year that I declared it would be? Let's see...

When it comes to my New Year's Resolutions, well I know that I can do better. I dropped a few at the beginning of the year that I knew wouldn't happen and I've stayed fairly on track with most of the others. But, that doesn't mean I couldn't do better. I could be doing those things for the right reasons and not simply because "I made a resolution to do it!" Ya know? I am sticking to about half of them. And that's doing good, in my opinion. We can't control everything in life and we can only plan on those things that have already happened, not on those things yet to come. You can make plans for the future, but you have to be flexible when those plans have to change because of unforeseen circumstances. I'm just proud I've stuck to those I have!

Has this year been awesome so far? You know, it hasn't been bad. It hasn't been the year to compare all other years against, but it's only half over. So, that means there is still hope. Most importantly, I feel like this year has been calm. It's been peaceful. I'm constantly busy with work, family, church and friends, but you know... life is good. I'm alive, I'm relatively healthy, I'm positive, and I'm surrounded by people and organizations that I love. Am I exactly where I want to be in life? Nope, but that doesn't mean I can't be by this time next year. If there is anything I believe it is that a moment can change history forever. Something could happen moments from now that can change all plans I have ever made for myself. This time next year, who knows where I will be or what I will be doing. I'm excited for the journey though.

In the upcoming weeks, I am looking forward to a long overdue trip back up to Post Falls, ID to see some of my friends. I moved back down to IF in April 2009 and haven't been up to visit yet. No bueno! While it is a little nerve wracking to think of how different my life is now from how it was when I left PF and how I'm going to fit back into the world up there, I'm looking forward to seeing those people who were my family away from my family. I just hope that the fit will resemble that of the old slippers in my closet, ya know?

I'm also so very excited for the 4th of July! It is one of my favorite holidays and I can't wait. It's going to be a lot of fun to be with family, have BBQ's, see the 2nd greatest fireworks show in the US, and celebrate this country's freedoms. Hopefully the next blog will have photos of all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment