Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do I know you?

How many times do you start your blog entry and re-write it before you finally feel good about publishing? This blog post, for example, has been re-written no less than 3 times now. :) Forgive the OCD, but I just can't seem to make sense of everything that goes on in my head sometimes until I put word vomit onto the digital page and sort it out there. LOL Oh my.

But enough musings... I must get down to business.

You always think when you are writing on a blog that, for the most part, you are either writing for yourself (to get ideas out of your head and thus organize the crap out of them, ergo- the first paragraph) or writing to update distant friends and family on the highlights of your life. These are the people you write to, the audience to which you direct your comical anecdotes, bitter diatribes, and forlorn narratives. You never pause to think about those people who are reading your blog who have never even met you.

I stumbled into finding out that someone I don't know from Eve not only reads my blog, but comments on my posts. It didn't bother me, because I actually follow her blog as well. Not as a stalker, though I'm sure it could be argued, but because I feel a certain kinship for this person. I'm sure we have some things in common, but, not knowing her, the most important one at this point is that we share the same sarcastic and hysterical sense of humor. I cannot think of a time when I've read one of her posts where I did not actually laugh out loud.

And while I'm sure she only reads my blog to make sure I'm not some crazy person stalking her through blogosphere space, knowing that she takes the time out of what I'm sure is a hectic schedule, to read my tiny piece of digital journaling, makes me feel good. The connection goes down to the human core of every person who just longs to be acknowledged. And that, by itself is a huge thing to me.

So, to my blogosphere friend, as I hope I might be able to refer to you as a friend though we've never met, I salute and appreciate you. The comedic relief you provide on your blog and the lovely comments you post on mine make writing in this space more interesting and gratifying. Knowing that what I say is reaching farther than just Auntie Edith, the cheek pinching, coral lipstick wearing, monkey in a girdle makes a person smile. So thank you and I'm so pleased you've found yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment