That famous phrase, glorified forever in the title of this blog post, will go down in history as one of my favorite lines ever spoken. My friend, Lacey, uttered it while we were driving to the Logan Temple. It's about Dumbo. I'll just leave it at that. Those who were there, and privy to this conversation, will get a chuckle out of it and that's the whole point.
Our first stop, Thursday, June 9th, was the Rexburg Temple. We had had a fireside at the Knowles home and then made our way north to go through an Endowment Session. Brett captured this photo as we were getting ready to leave that night. He did a fantastic job.
Our last stop of that day, Friday, June 10, was to the Bountiful Temple. We were able to perform more initiatories and baptisms. I know that a temple is the same as any other temple in the ordinances performed, but I have to admit here: This was my favorite. This temple was just beautiful. So picturesque, so peaceful, so welcoming. I felt at home in this temple.For the month of June, the new and different I decided to participate in, was a Temple Trip for my single's branch. It has to be one of my favorite new and different's yet to date. I had never been in four of the six temples before and so while that constituted part of the new and different experience, the other part is the fact that I had never gone to the temple that many times in that short of amount of time. In less than 48 hours, we hit 6 temples, made a stop at Temple Square in Salt Lake, visited the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and watched the video there, and had a full range of new struggles to work past as 15 young adults learned to cope with one another's idiosyncrasies in small quarters after a bit too much togetherness.
Boy, I have to say, it was one of the most exhausting trips I've ever taken, but it was by far, one of the most exhilaratingly edifying. For 48 hours, we were given the task to serve our fellow brothers and sisters and our Heavenly Father and think of nothing else. And, when we stuck to that, the feelings of peace and gratification of knowing we were pleasing our Heavenly Father, was overwhelming.
It was also a huge testimony builder. Service has a way of helping you put aside all the cares of the world and allows you to step into Christ's shoes, serving others in ways that He would have done and wants us to do. What an amazing privilege it was. And I'm so grateful to the person(s) involved in the planning of such an event. Truly, I am.
And yes, I do have to make a side note here. It was a trip all about service, but we still managed to have a fun time, giggling the night away. My hotel room was connected to the boy's room and we, therefore, had a small party that night. It was just games and food, but we laughed the whole time. Then, after it was over, Anna and I may or may not have stayed up until 4 am giggling, getting no more than 3 hours of sleep that night. But, I won't say for sure. That secret will go with me to the grave! ;)


I love this temple trip idea! Now I just need to find someone to take my kids for 48 hours so I can do it too...
ReplyDelete