Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 3, 2012

Bridals

My best friend, Maren, made my wedding dress out of Ivory Dupioni Silk and Ivory lace we ordered out of California. I had a dream long before I ever met Alan and envisioned a dress I was wearing at my own reception. I went to Maren because she is brilliant! We sketched things out a little and she made this wonderful confection of loveliness! She exceeded her brilliance and now I have my dream dress. (For the wedding day itself, I wore a petticoat underneath to give it some fullness)

My wedding colors are chocolate brown, tan, khaki, beige, sage green in all hues, cream, ivory and just a splash of eggplant. I picked out my flowers for my bouquet from Michael's, Porter's and Madsen's Ben Franklin and Maren helped tape the whole thing together after I arranged it the way I wanted. It turned out beautiful.

When the dress and the bouquet were done, Maren and I ran down to Freeman Park down by the river and snapped a couple quick photos.







Wedding photos to follow soon, I hope! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment