Kim/Kimmie/Kimmalee/Kim King Kong-
My sweet friend and I met when we were in high school drama together. I think when we because closest friends is when we were in "You Can't Take It With You" together. I was Mrs. Kirby and she was The Grand Duchess, Olga Katrina. There is just something that happens between people when they act together... you have to really expose yourself to ridicule, laughter and a myriad of other self respecting and self deprecating things. She buoyed my spirits and helped me laugh on so many occasions. After high school, we stayed friends but only saw each other every so often as our lives took us in completely different directions. Nine years later, she was the single mother of two beautiful girls looking for a reason to, and a friend who could help her, come back to church. The planets aligned just right and I was given the privilege of being that friend. I am so proud of her and love her to pieces. She has since gone through the temple and has become such a strong and wonderful member of her single's branch. There isn't much else to say about her other than that my cup runneth over. I love you Bambi!

Kumquat-
Webster's defines a kumquat as "a subtropical shrub with a pulpy citrus fruit, used chiefly for preserves. And it's not that I actually have tasted the fruit produced by this shrub, nor is it like I've actually seen this shrub in person... it's just that I LOVE the word!!! Just try to use it in a sentence and call someone that... it's great! It rolls off the tongue so nicely. And it sounds so deliciously sweet. :) Nevermind... I'll stop trying to explain it. I just love using the word kumquat. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment