Musicals:
There may or may not have been several people in my life tell me that I'm a little like a musical. I will break out into song and dance whenever possible. And my only response is.... Well Why The Heck Not?! Musicals just speak to me. I do not profess to have a strong or even that great of a singing voice. And I can't dance worth beans. BUT, that doesn't mean that I didn't wish life were like a musical. Haven't you ever just been walking down the street, seen something that sparked a song in your head, and immediately you are forced to squelch that foreboding tingling you get in your feet warning of a song and dance number about to burst out of you? Oh.... you haven't.... Well, just walk on the opposite side of the street of me from now on. That is, unless you want to be caught in the middle of our very own mini flash mob that only includes you and I. K? :)
Modern Family:
Here again, just as in Grey's Anatomy, I know I shouldn't watch this show. Some of the jokes are a bit inappropriate, but I'm telling you what... I get the giggles every time I watch this show anyway! My sissy sue, Alan and I are constantly quoting it and we cannot wait for Wednesday nights because we know it's going to be on.
The Middle:
This show is another addiction to the Tube that I wish I didn't have, but unlike Modern Family, it's actually got a pretty good message associated with each episode. It's about this family who is so perfect right down the middle of life. They are middle class, have a house that is nice enough but always breaking down, have 3 kids, mom and dad work to try to make ends meet, etc, etc, etc. Sound familiar? That's because you and I both know you have 18 of those families just down the road from you. I love it because it shows that just because you are middle of the road, doesn't mean that isn't exactly where you want to be.
Moms:
I have a plethora of Moms in my life. I think Heavenly Father must feel like I need them or something. It's pretty crazy. I have a mom who birthed me, a mom who helped raise me, a mom who's married to my dad, a mom in law, Maren's mom, and a multitude of other women in my life who have filled that mom role when I needed it (and still do even though I don't need it as much). But for better or worse, I'm one of those lucky people who have many different women that I can look to for guidance that only moms can give. The only sticky part is when they work together to bring you in line. Yikes...
Melissa:
Sister.... Ah, my sister. Here again is someone that I have written about previously, so you should just go there and read her post all about her. HERE

Monkeys:
I love monkeys. I have always wished that I could just swing around and hang out in trees all day. Haven't you? I don't love them quite as much as I love otters because otters get to hang out in water all day. But still... monkeys are awesome! They are super cute. And really, I love decorating little boys rooms with them. They make some stinkin cute nursery decor with monkeys. My Grandpa Street owned a monkey once. I'm being serious. When he came back from India when he was in the Army. But that's another story for another day...
Maren:
Oh boy... I don't know what to say here other than that there is a post dedicated all to her that is coming. So watch for that.

Massages:
There. Are. No. Words. If you haven't ever had a massage, go get one. You won't regret it. I LOVE having massages. There is a gal here in IF who has massaged me for several years now when I can afford to go and I absolutely love it. She's so good. She's very professional, so it never feels weird. The room is always dim, the sheets covering the massage table are always warm and clean, the music is always soft and sets the right tone. You walk into the room and you can actually feel your stress and tension melting off you like a popsicle on the 4th of July. Hit me up if you want some info on her! It's awesome! One of my favorite things in the whole world!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment