Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Favorite Things: T

Trooper:

Aww... my sweet baby. He was actually one of those "well, if we get one, we might as well get two" decisions and we had already decided to get my Lucky boy, but I'm super grateful that we decided to get two! He is so cuddly and follows me everywhere. He makes the funniest little meowing noises and will howl only if you get him really worked up. And when you are playing with him, he will take off like a shot and run in circles around the house. Super funny. I sure love my baby boy!




Travelling:

I have always wanted to see new places, meet new people, experience new cultures and make memories travelling across the globe. We "travelled" a lot to my dad's various fishing tournaments when I was younger and even though the farthest away I ever went with them was Noxon, MT where it seemed the stylish thing to do was go around missing your two front teeth and my mom got bit by a hobo spider on her eyebrow and it swelled up like she had a baseball under her skin. It was quite the experience for a 11-12 year old girl. Since then, I've been to Nova Scotia and Alberta, Canada, Washington, Florida, Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, NYC, Mexico, and various other places closer to home. My dream is to travel Europe. Someday, I'll get to do it. Until then, I'm mostly satisfied with the sights to see in the US. I have so many to see before I die!

British Columbia
St. Thomas
St. Kitts
Aruba
Curacao
Curacao


Temple Square:

I used to love to drive down to Salt Lake, even before I could go into the temple, and just sit on Temple Square. I felt so at peace there. I felt closer to heaven than anywhere else. Yes, it's teaming with people most of the time. And yes, there are too many brides to count every Saturday of the year and therefore countless bridal parties everywhere. And yes, there are tons of homeless people asking for money all over just outside of the gates. BUT, when you are lost in thought, gazing up at that beautiful temple our forefathers spent hundreds of thousands of hours painstakingly building, you know that it is the Lord's House. It's an indescribable feeling.



Temple Work:

There is no greater feeling on this earth than walking through the doors and being able to serve the Lord in His Holy House. None. Temple work is one of the most important things that I have ever or will ever do. I don't know what more to say than that.



Theater:

I love to sit and watch a good play. And I loved going to the theater in NYC. Theater in high school helped me discover so many things about myself and I'm grateful for the experiences that I gained while in those productions.



Thanksgiving:

You know, after 4th of July and Christmas, Thanksgiving is the best holiday. And no, it's not just for the food! Although, I kid you not, I make a stinkin awesome turkey, my mom makes amazing mashed potatoes and anyone who has not experienced the exquisite glory that is my sister's devilled eggs is missing out on pure ecstasy! But I love the holiday more simply because it's a whole day just to appreciate what you have, the people around you and the lovely things in the world. It's not a day absorbed in presents, and yet everyone gathers together to spend time with one another. There aren't any big productions of fireworks and BBQ's, but you still get to have a grand party and sometimes (most times) play games. It's just awesome.






Tyson:

Aw. My sweet Ty. I'm not going to go into detail other than to say that I miss him and love him and can't wait to see him again someday. Until we meet again... "Thank you for sharing yourself with me"!



No comments:

Post a Comment