So, Day 4 was 11 1/2 hours of driving. This post will be mostly the inevitable photo dump, but it was just so pretty!
The first several hours of driving were through the mountains in the Southeast portion of British Columbia and it was gorgeous!
As a native of "the backwoods", I am very familiar with signs on the sides of the road alerting drivers to the possibility of seeing animals (mostly deer, elk and even the occasional moose) and to watch for them. In British Columbia... they watch for....
 |
| Yep, you guessed it... Big Horned Sheep! WTH??!?! |
So, after driving for that long through BC and getting so used to the winding roads and all the pretty scenery, you can imagine my disappointment... and boredom... when I go over the border into Alberta and find this....
 |
| Straight and fields everywhere you looked... for 8 HOURS!!! |
Oh, I guess until I hit Calgary at rush hour... oops! But, it was all worth it when I finally made it to Nadine's house and found decorations for my welcoming party!
 |
| View of Breton Acres (Nadine's Family's Property) |
 |
| They have ALWAYS referred to me by my proper name: "Princess Heather" |
I was dead on my feet. Absolutely exhausted. I had never driven that far by myself before and I had no clue how much it drains you. But, I was so grateful that I had a sweet bedroom that I could disappear into that beautiful oblivion of sleep... for 11 hours! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment