Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rough Road Home- Days 10 & 11

The next morning, I left bright and early for Idaho and I realized right away that I had eaten something off. I was so sick. I had to stop about 6 times from Camrose to the border, which is about a 6 hour drive. It was awful.

Combine that with the fact that I was so tired from being up too late at the concert the night before, the boring view and the fact that I was missing Canada already... it was a rough trip home.

I was missing the way the food was so much yummier, we got to party and have so much fun and I missed the way Canadians talk. They say Eh all the time, pronounce bag "beg", about "aboot", barn "bern", etc. So funny.

Anyway, I got over the border....



and got through Great Falls when a huge storm started rolling in. The rain was coming down so hard that I had my wipers going full speed and I still couldn't see. Whenever the rain would let up a little, I realized that there were dead animals all over the side of the road because they were getting hit because of the storm. And I quickly realized that it was no longer going to be safe for me to be driving.

I stopped in Helena for the night and holed up in a crappy little Howard Johnsons before heading home the next day.

All in all, July's New and Different was amazing. It was EXHAUSTING, but it was amazing. I'm so grateful to Nadine and her family for letting me come to stay and for opening their home to me. I had such a great time and I sincerely hope it doesn't take another 6 years for me to get up to Canada again!

No comments:

Post a Comment