Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Panic Attacks and "Drive Lag"- Day 1

For the month of July, my new and different wasn't exactly just one thing. I've been to Canada before, but while there, I was able to do some new things. More details to come. But, I'll try to get a little bit of each of my days.

On my way to Canada, I had the joy of driving up to Post Falls to visit my bestie, Ann, and her family.

The drive, I must admit, is not the best. Montana has to be Heavenly Father's idea of a practical joke. It's enormous and boring to drive through (and might I add, not very pretty in some parts). Honestly, if the earth were a body, Montana would be the arm pit.

I had purchased some CD's (Adele! Whoo hoo!) and had many old ones that were favorites to sing along with so as to keep me awake. I also had one of my besties here in town who gave me a cute "Canadian Travel Kit" to keep me company.

However, even with the excitement of getting to see Ann, Tyler and the kids, I was ready to be done driving within about an hour and a half. Ick.  Not to mention the fact that because of a previous wreck, I was scared to death that I might somehow roll my truck. Every time I had to make a turn through the mountains, I began to have that sensation of tipping over and the inevitable panic attack would ensue. Fabulous.

But, make it I did. And I had no clue how tired I was. I was dead on my feet that night. But, I was so happy to get to see Ann and the kids. Tyler was off with the Young Men in their ward on a campout, so I didn't get to see him that night.

What fun I have when I get to see these people. Ann and I can get each other giggling so hard we can't stop. She and I love to play card, dice and board games. Our favorites are Canasta Caliente and Farkle.





And actually, one of the best things about her is that when she begins to take the lead in points, I'm not exaggerating in the least, my eye starts to twitch. I truly believe that is Ann's favorite personality trait about me. It's really too bad that it's a trait that shows just how much I need a Xanex while playing games with her! She's pretty cutthroat, let me tell you!


Ann and I from last year. Sorry, I didn't get a good one of the two of us this trip.

Then, of course, there are the kids. Brenden, Ryan, Emma, and Naters. I'll tell you something... these kids are crazy, but I love them to bits. And it didn't take long for Miss Emma to warm up to me and wrap me snuggly around her perfect little pinky!



Naters


Ryan, Emma and Brenden

The first day was like a marathon, not a sprint and I just knew that I had to keep going or I would fall right over in a dead sleep. I've had jet lag before and this felt pretty similar. Would we call that "drive lag"? Is that even a term? I don't know, but I'm sure someone ought to call Merriam and Webster.

No comments:

Post a Comment