Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 20, 2011

WEM, South Commons and WICKED!!!- Day 8

This day, Nadine and I hit up the West Edmonton Mall again but we didn't stay long because we had another shopping excursion to check out... South Commons. But, before we left, we ate a bite of lunch and I experienced the glory that is Poutine.

Poutine is a French dish that is not eaten very often, but relished when you have the privilege. Here is me and my Poutine:

Yup, that's right.... it's French fries, covered with curded cheese and hot gravy. LOL
When we got to South Commons, it was pretty obvious that we wouldn't be able to go to all the stores there because there were hundreds, but we made the most important stops...

Roots (I LOVE this store!!!), Guess (I tried to find the purse and found a different one with a matching wallet. Unfortunately, the both of them together were still $125 and I couldn't stand to leave one or the other behind... so I left both. Tragic!), H &M (Again, not what I remembered, so I didn't buy anything) and Old Navy.

We ran quickly over to the grocery store to stock up on goodies to take to Wicked with us and then went to Swiss Chalet for dinner.

On the way to Wicked, we passed through one of the oldest parts of Edmonton, called Old Strathcona. The little shops and stores were so cute. Here are some pictures:

Driving into downtown Edmonton


This one made me giggle. It's little and a bookstore and an old hotel! I loved it!



Wicked was being hosted at the University of Alberta at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, called "The Jube". So, we headed down onto campus and it was so different from my college. It was amazing to see how the campus was a world within a world. All the students live in high rise apartments ON campus. There wasn't a lot of option as far as living away from the campus and they even had a grocery store on campus so that students didn't have to leave. It was crazy. Here are a couple pictures:


One of the campus buildings

Student Apartments

The Butter Dome (Huh, I wonder why they call it that...) - Where they hold all the athletic events
Wicked was incredible!! It was by far my favorite Broadway show I've ever seen. The set was amazing, the actors were so great, and the story... well, it was awesome. I'm so grateful to Nadine for letting us go when she'd just seen it the week before.

Me and Nadine before the show

Before the show

In the foyer

In case you didn't know... I'm the bad witch and she's the good one
Overall, AWESOME day! Even though we were both SOOOO tired. I came home that night, crawled into bed and prayed that I would make it through the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment