Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Shopping & the Country Canadian Princess: Day 7

The next day, we were totally exhausted, so we decided to stay in Camrose and do some shopping and hang out at the house. While in Camrose, I was able to buy a ton of fun Canadian goodies!

This is an inside joke. And no, I didn't buy it.

My pj pants and Canada sweatshirt
I also bought more than my body weight in yummy Canadian food. See, no one believes me that the food just tastes better up there. But I'm totally serious. They don't have the same FDA or pasteurization laws. So, the dairy tastes better, the steak tastes better, the sweets taste better, etc.! It's just better! So, I, of course, filled up on the favorites: Oreos, Fugee-O's, Cadbury Mini Eggs, Caramilk bars, Dairy Milk bars, Smarties, etc. YUMMO!

Then, we headed back to Breton Acres to help Nadine's Momzie out with some kids from their ward who were there to be babysat while their mom was at a doctor's appointment. And Momzie got the tractor out! Yup, I said it. THE tractor! They use it to cut grass, but I used it to cut other things...

(Insert video that is not uploading because it was saved in Quicktime and for whatever reason, Blogger on my computer won't upload it.)

 
Nadine was the narrator of that short, yet highly dramatic film, staring me... I've just recently heard that I'm going to be up for an Oscar. Don't worry, I'll remember the little people in my speech. I gotcha covered!

Brief Synopsis of Film: Heather, though technically from the country, has never actually driven a tractor before. When the film opens, Kathleen is telling Heather how to make the tractor work. Heather shows some apprehension, but decides to make a go of it anyway. She puts the tractor into gear and it is not long before she is feeling confident enough to take one hand off the steering wheel and twirl it above her head as though getting ready to toss a lasso. With one fluid motion, the crown is knocked from Heather's head behind her and down onto the ground. The mowing attachment on the back of the tractor runs over the crown and shreds it. Heather is visibly upset and therefore almost runs into a pole. She is able to correct and turn the tractor around. Nadine, through fits of laughter, promises Heather a new crown.

I can promise you one thing: You would have laughed, you would have cried, and you would have agreed with the Academy that I deserved a small, solid gold naked guy for my efforts. *sigh* Moving on...

Here are some pictures:
Jacob, Bella (no, not after Twilight. But I thought the same thing! LOL) and I in our Royal Attire (Little Known Fact: You MUST wear royal attire to ride/drive THE tractor)

Momzie and King Jacob

Queen Bella and Momzie

The Queen and King with Momzie MacMillan

My poor crown. It didn't even see THE tractor coming... So tragic.

This was a really fun and relaxed day. It was great to play with the kids, spend more time out at the barn with the kittens and bum around the house. We were trying to gather more energy because the next day was WEM again and WICKED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment