Nadine and I woke up early on this day because we had booked ourselves back to back with so many things to do. I was quickly realizing that this trip was a marathon and not a sprint and I had little time for sleepiness.
Our first stop was to Pegasus Stables for horseback riding. I've been on horses and around horses plenty of times, so it was nice to just get out and have a great time. My horse, Rusty, was a bit lazy, but it was fun getting him trotting to catch up to our guide!
 |
| Pegasus Stables |
 |
| Pegasus Stables grounds |
 |
| We asked the kind rancher where we might find a bathroom. His response: "John's around the corner." And sure enough, we went around the corner, and there was John... waiting patiently, and stinky-ly, to help us out. Yuck!! LOL |
 |
| Nadine on her horse, Miller, and our guide, Amanda |
 |
| Nadine and I being the sassypants we are! |
After our ride, Nadine and I headed into Edmonton to the West Edmonton Mall. This mall is the 2nd biggest North America, only after The Mall of America. WEM has the biggest amusement park though. So, that was our first stop of the day of course!
 |
| The West Edmonton Mall (WEM) |
 |
| The lower floor of the WEM |
 |
| The upper floor of the WEM |
The scariest ride was the Mindbender Rollercoaster. We rode it the first time and loved it. But, after we went around the other rides once and headed back to Mindbender for a second time, it only took the first turn for me to realize that it wasn't going to be good. During the first turn, my neck and head smacked into the side of the seat so hard, I started to black out and almost went completely out before I shook it off. It was so scary! For the rest of the day, I just didn't feel quite right. That wasn't so fun. Here are some pictures though:
 |
| Me going into the amusement park at WEM |
 |
| Me & Cosmo: The Love Affair That Could Never Be |
 |
| Galaxyland at WEM |
 |
| Me in front of Mindbender (this was before almost blacking out) |
 |
| Mindbender |
 |
| The most terrifying ride in the whole park! I screamed like a girl the whole time |
 |
| Nadine in front of Mindbender |
 |
| Me on the Kiddie Koaster |
 |
| Nadine on the Kiddie Koaster |
 |
| The scary ride again, I forgot its name |
 |
| Nadine on the train ride, heading into the dark and scary tunnel |
After the park, we went shopping for a little while. See, the West Edmonton Mall has over 400 stores and we were totally intent on walking the entire upper floor before heading home that night! And I was so well behaved... we went into Guess and I resisted the urge to buy the $125 pale pink leather purse. It was sad, but I was proud of myself for holding myself back. We took lots of pictures though!!
 |
| Me standing in front of the Olympic sized ice skating rink in the middle of WEM (yup, I said in the middle, meaning INSIDE!) |
 |
| I didn't do this, but it's 3 stories of climbing obstacles where you are attached with just a harness and you climb to the top. It looked like fun, but we didn't have time. |
 |
| The indoor water park at WEM |
 |
| The other end of the indoor water park |
 |
| I was so excited to find my favorite store from New York in WEM! Too bad the clothes have changed so much that I didn't buy a single thing. Disappointing! |
 |
| Anna told me to find a mountie. My momma told me to always find new ways to make the boy mooses say "WAAAaaaaa"! So, I found both! LOL He was very snuggly. I wanted to take him home with me! |
 |
| They have themed corridors at WEM. This was Burbon Street. |
 |
| My momma also told me to find a job when I went up to Canada.... Well..... I gave it some serious thought! |
 |
| I love telephone boxes |
 |
| Nadine in Burbon Street |
 |
| I found a candy store where they had an enormous Toblerone (one of my favorite candy bars). Too bad it was $125! I could have bought my Guess purse for that! |
 |
| The Europe themed corridor |
 |
| It was so cute! |
 |
| Right smack in the middle of the WEM was a replica of the Santa Maria. It was HUGE! So awesome!! |
There are far more pictures, but those are all that I can stand to post for right now. I don't want to overload some people.
That night, I was so tired, I literally have NO recollection of the drive back to Breton Acres. None. My brain was already asleep, just with my eyes open.
I love that I am not the only one who takes lots of pictures. I think it makes looking back a lot more fun and reading blogs more fun as well :)
ReplyDelete