David:
Man, there are not enough words in the English language to tell you why and how David is my favorite D. Seriously. This kid can make me laugh and cry at the exact same time. David and I met in high school as sophomores and instantly became the best of friends. We dated for a little while through high school and we had a great time, learning more life lessons than either of us thought possible. The beginning of senior year, David's family moved to Utah. We somehow managed to stay best friends. I know I can count on him, and vice versa, even now that he's married and has 2 little kids. We have this weird connection, I call it "brain waves", where whenever one of us is having a tough time, somehow, the other just feels it and there are texts and phone calls. They always come at just the right time. I sure miss him, all the way out in Florida (he's in the Navy), but I know that "... friendships are every bit as sacred and eternal as marriage." (Katherine Mansfield) and so I know that David was brought into my life to really be one of the greatest friends I've ever been privileged enough to know. And I get to be great friends forever. Boy, am I grateful for that! If you're reading this, David, Knock, Knock? ;)
![]() |
| The David Lynn Whites, all 3 of them. :) I love it!! |
Disney World:
Good gravy, how I LOOOOVE Disney World!! I've been twice now and have plans to go back again soon. I just don't know when. I love how no matter what age you are, you can be a kid. I love how exciting it all is. I love how it is a sensory overload! I love how many different kinds of people it appeals to. And I love that it is always warm! lol There are several different parks that make up Disney World, but my favorite, by far is the Animal Kingdom. It's like an overgrown zoo. LOVE IT!! If you've never gone, do it! You won't regret it!

Mr. Dustin:
My little sister is getting married in 8 weeks to a pretty stellar guy. His name is Mr. Dustin. And I rather like him. All towering 6'7 feet of him. He is funny and spontaneous and loves my sister like no one else ever could. He has been an excellent new member of the family and I'm so glad that it's going to be official soon.

Deviled Eggs:
Um... do I seriously need to say anything here? This is self explanatory. Other than I should perhaps say that the aforementioned sister above makes the BEST deviled eggs I've ever eaten in my whole life! Well, I guess except for when the mayo has gone bad and we all start horking them down Thanksgiving day and all stop mid chew when we realize something is terribly off... LOL Great memories!
Diamonds:
Well, why the heck not? I mean, really, they ARE a girl's best friend after all!!! I love them. Love everything about them... well, except the price... and the fact that men over in NYC smuggle them into the country by sticking them up their bum... but I digress....
Donuts:
Um, I should just state, for the record and so that we can just get it out of the way, I LOVE donuts. In fact, they are one of my greatest weaknesses. If I were kidnapped by some crazy foreigner for some international espionage ring, all they would have to do is tempt me with a fresh chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting on it and I'd be singing like a canary so fast it'd make your head spin. Just sayin... I love them so much, I keep an extra big one right around my midsection...
I have to tell you a story on this one though... When I was little, my dad owned a donut shop called Nibley's Donuts and my momma would have to go into the shop at 4am to start the donuts everyday. No one would be there to take care of me, so I would go in with her and sleep in the back office until whenever I was ready to get up. Then, I would march my little 6/7 year old, pajama clad self out into the shop area where my momma would already have a chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles ready for me and a little pint of chocolate milk. Then, I would take my tasty, and incredibly healthy, breakfast out into the room where all the customers sat, pick a patron, and eat my breakfast with a stranger. It was one of the happiest times of my life. I loved it!
Princess Diana:
It's an unhealthy obsession, I will admit it. Especially since she's been dead for almost 15 years. But, I can't help myself. Whenever I see a book with her on the front, I buy it. Whenever I see a bargain deal on some item of memorabilia (ie. paper dolls from the 80's), I scoop them up and never flinch at the price. Whenever they put her face on a magazine, I have to force myself to only purchase one (because I secretly fear that the first copy will somehow be damaged as I read it and I need to save it in pristine condition forever!!!). It's a bit ridiculous. But... for better or worse... it's the truth.
Dancing (Crazy-like):
Anyone who knows me well at all can attest to the fact that I have two left feet. However, I absolutely LOVE to dance. However, I like to "dance to the beat of my own drum". I like to be silly and crazy and dance like a complete doof. It gives me the opportunity to make others laugh, while being able to laugh at myself, and expends energy, which is always a good thing in my opinion.



No comments:
Post a Comment