Hello Dolly: I used to house sit for my best friend's family a lot when we were high school and they always had a plethora of older movies, especially musicals, that I could veg in front of the TV watching. This play, in movie form with Barbara Streisand, was a discovery made at that point and I've loved it ever since. In fact, once my friend and I graduated and I no longer house sat for them, I instantly went out and bought it for myself. And whenever I'm sick and in need of comfort, out comes Hello Dolly!
Hydrangeas: There isn't a lot of explanation behind this one other than I think they are really pretty in sage green and they make really great fillers in bouquets. They are pretty fun. That's it. :)
Horseback Riding: I would never profess to be skilled as a horsewoman. I would never profess to even be knowledgeable at this fantastically wonderful activity. BUT, I will profess here and now that I LOVE IT! I always wanted a horse while growing up. My dad owns property big enough that we could have, but he didn't have the time to enforce all the duties and responsibilities that come from owning a horse. I have always loved and admired horses. So, I am thrilled that Alan (more about him later :)....) owns 2 himself and his family has a couple others. I will be able to get my fill as often as I want. And Alan is exceptionally skilled with them, so I will have a great tutor.
Heather Schwartz: Oh my goodness! I started a new job in the middle of March (one of the reasons I've veered off the blogging course for so long) and I met Heather who had started new about 3 weeks before me. She is the reason I am able to survive. It's been a bit of an adjustment for me going from a job where I was needed and vital to the workings of the office to a place where I'm nothing but a pee-on. Heather helps. She makes me laugh and keeps me thinking that I can go back each day. Thank goodness for her!!


No comments:
Post a Comment