Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Favorite Things: G

Grey's Anatomy:

I'll admit, this one is a guilty pleasure. I shouldn't watch it and I know that. But I love it. I can't wait to see what will happen each week to each of the main characters. I watched it the first couple of seasons and then stopped for awhile, but then started up again several years ago. I hear this is the last season though, or maybe it's next season is the last. Who knows, but if it is... I'll be grateful. I'm addicted to it!



Guitars:

I love to listen to someone play an acoustic guitar and sing. Ask Amy and Spencer Anderson, they will tell you. I used to beg them to come over and play for me and sing. LOL Here they are, in fact, playing a song their dad wrote for their mom to tell her how much he loved her. So sweet!


G:

Actually, her name is Debbi Gerard, but I've called her G for the past 12 years and it's pretty well set now. She was my drama teacher and director of several plays in high school. After high school, she has remained a great friend. It is one of the greatest feelings to be sitting there and say something that makes her flat out laugh. You can't help but laugh along. And while in high school, I had a lot going on at home and she guided me through what could have been even more difficult to come out on the other side a better person. She believe in and encouraged me. She taught me how to reach into myself and really put your heart and soul into whatever it was you were doing, whether it be playing another person on the stage, being the assistant director under her, or being the lead makeup artist. You were an integral part of a whole. You felt needed and necessary to the success of the whole. She taught me lessons that I apply in my life even now, 10 years later and I appreciate her and her friendship.



General Conference:

I love to listen to a prophet of God. And I really love to hear from several apostles AND the prophet of God. How lucky we are to have a prophet on this earth today who prepares and speaks to us for our Heavenly Father every 6 months. I used to hate sitting through 8 hours of Conference every 6 months, but now that I'm older and understand gospel related things better, I not only look forward to General Conference in April and October each year, but I crave the knowledge that the apostles and the prophet have prepared for me and for us as a church.



Grammar:

This one goes along with my love of English. It makes my eye twitch when someone doesn't use grammar properly. It drives me crazy! But, when used correctly, it makes my heart happy.

1 comment:

  1. You know I will play for you anytime :) I am working on getting another (maybe better) video of us performing. I am working on a couple more songs for you. Let me know if there are any that you really want me to learn. Love ya

    ReplyDelete