Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Momma

My momma... where do I begin...

I was given to my mother and father in December of 1983. But, in July of 1988, my momma was given to ME. She married my dad and became my stepmom. She was a gift given from a loving Father in Heaven who knew I would need her. I wouldn't be the person I am today without her.

Were it not for her, and some other helpful hands along the way, I would not be a member of the Church. Were it not for her, I wouldn't understand the value of work. Were it not for her, I wouldn't have the patience levels I've had to acquire. Were it not for her, I would have given up on so many things long ago and taken the easy road instead of the road less travelled. She is the voice in my head telling me to push myself further and hold out with patience and faith when everything in my life seems to fall apart. She doesn't have to love me because I'm her child, I'm her child because she chose me and continually chooses to love me. That is the mark of a good mother.

The greatest part of my momma is that she has taught me that family comes in all ways and we have to be willing to accept it however we are given it. Blood means virtually nothing when it comes to family. Family are those people who you can count on, who love you no matter what the circumstance, and who are there to guide, teach and love you through ALL of life's ups and downs. She taught me that just because she didn't give birth to me, doesn't mean she isn't my mom. She mothers me, therefore, she IS my mom.

And it's really great because she and my other mom (Mi Madre) get along really great. In fact, I can be on the phone with either of them and they refer to EACH OTHER as "my mom". I know it doesn't make sense to everyone else outside our world, but I'm telling you, it just works. Every Thanksgiving, the both of them, my two sisters and I always get together and eat. We celebrate together because we realize that family is what you make it. Blood or no blood. My moms make it easier on me to only have 2 houses to visit (their's and my dad's) and thereby allowing me to actually enjoy the holidays.

My momma is my hero and a gift given to me when I was most in need. And even though she and my dad divorced in 1999, she has stayed in my life and has stayed my momma. I love her so much.

Driving down to SLC Valentine's weekend 2010

We had kept her up too late the night before and she's reeeeeally tired. LOL

At Lagoon in 2009

We were doing the "Awkward Llama". Don't ask. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Momma. You have been very blessed my friend

    ReplyDelete